The senior volunteer program is directed towards past volunteers who have an interest in returning to Peru to volunteer in the area of their choice. As a senior volunteer, you will serve as a leader to first-time volunteers, but you will volunteer at a volunteer project in the area of your choice. You can tailor your project according to your interests and can even propose a special project to carry out during your time in Peru. Applications to the senior volunteer program are due at the same time as regular applications for your volunteer session of choice. Modified dates may also be accommodated upon review.
- Previous program participation
- Intermediate-Advanced level of Spanish language
- Will vary depending on volunteer program designed with Vive Peru staff
- Must stay with a Vive Peru homestay
- Serve as a role model for the volunteer team
- Carry out a minimum of 30 volunteer hours per week
- Reduced program cost ($800 for the one-month program) + flights and other expenses.
- Opportunity to carry out a project in your area of interest
- Design your volunteer schedule according to your interests
- Return to Peru!
To apply to return as a senior volunteer, you must:
- Fill out the online application at www.viveperu.org/apply.php
- In the essay portion of the online application, respond to these two questions:
Application deadlines are the same as regular application deadlines. Applications for fall and spring programs or special dates should be submitted at least one month before the program begins.Questions? Contact us at http://www.viveperu.org/contacto.php
- As a returning volunteer, how would you serve as a leader to first-time volunteers in the program?
- What would you like to focus on during your time to Peru? Where would you like to volunteer and would you like to carry out an additional project during your time here?